- For Attendees
- For Submitters
Information for presenters
We include some information that may be useful when you are creating your presentation for Eurographics 2012. Should you have any specific audio/visual requirements that are unusual and not included here then please send an email to the local staff at firstname.lastname@example.org a reasonable time before the conference starts.
A key element of your Eurographics 2012 presentation is your electronic slide preparation. The audience will base its evaluation of you and your subject matter partly on the appearance of your images. An attractive, legible, and organized presentation will reflect positively on the content, and therefore on you.
We strongly encourage presenters to use a standardized presentation format. Choose the link below to download slide templates for your Eurographics 2012 presentation:
Equipment for speakers
Each presentation room will be equiped with A/V material.
- Data projectors will be available, which can be plugged into your own laptop. The image aspect ratio is 4:3, and the native resolution is XGA (1024x768)
- A standalone computer will be available for presentation, connected to the video projector, with the usual programs used for presentation. This computer will have a spare USB slot that will enable you to bring a USB stick of your presentation.
- The standalone machine will run OpenOffice; Microsoft Powerpoint; Adobe Acrobat reader; Web browser. It will be capable to display common image formats (TIFF, GIF, PNG, JPG, etc) and playing popular Movie files (avi, mp4) with common encodings (h264, divx). Should you have any specific requirements (such a specific movie encodings or 3D graphics software), then we suggest you bring your own laptop for your presentation.
Internet access will be available throughout the conference venue for use of all conference attendees and will be available in each presentation room.
We encourage presenters to setup (and try!) their presentation during the preceding break. They should make contact with the session Chair to acknowledge their presence and to confirm that their presentation is ready to run. Rooms will also be available during lunch breaks for presentation testing.
Creation of your poster
- The poster boards are able to take an A0 portrait poster. An A0 landscape poster will not fit on these boards.
When/where to put up your poster
- Please make sure your poster is fixed to the board by late Monday afternoon and in any case before the welcome session.
- We advice that posters are put up as soon as you arrive for the main conference.
- The poster Presentation Party will be held during the Welcome Reception.
- Please put your poster on the board as indicated by the labels on the boards.
- You will need to stay by your poster through the Poster Party during the Welcome Reception.
- There will be a limited number of power sockets available - thus we advice that if you are coming with a laptop demonstration to support your poster presentation that your laptop battery is fully charged.
When to take down your poster
- Please take your poster down on Friday morning, before the conference ends.
The exhibition will be in the main hall in the Cagliari conference center. The Exhibition area is very flexible and conference participants will pass through it on entry to the conference and will mingle in this area during coffee breaks.
- Exhibition opens on Tuesday, May 15th at 9:00AM and closes on Friday, May 18th at 11:00AM.
- Exhibitors needing long setup time can prepare their booth on Monday, May 14th (from 10:00AM to 6:30PM); otherwise setup can begin on Tuesday, May 15th at 8:00AM.
- Exhibitors should take down their booth on Friday, May 18th before 2:00PM.
Should you have any specific requirements that are unusual and not included here then please send an email to the local staff at email@example.com a reasonable time before the conference starts.
A standard exhibition stand includes 6 square metres of floor space, a table, chairs, panels, basic electrical supply (1 KW), and wifi / wired Internet connection. Panel dimensions are 100x250 cm.; max. poster dimensions are 95x242 cm.
Stand equipment and/or stand materials must be shipped to the Cagliari conference center. Each package must be labelled as follow:
Fiera Internazionale della Sardegna
c/o P. Congressi
viale Diaz, 221
I-09126 Cagliari (CA)
To: Alessandra Angius
Remember to write "EUROGRAPHICS 2012" on all the address labels for your shipments.
Packages should arrive from Monday, May 7th to Friday, May 11th.
Offices are open 9:00-12:00 and 15:30-18:00
Cagliari Conference Center contacts:
|Conference Center||+39 070 3496300|
|Alessandra Angius||+39 070 3496312|
|Valeria Murru||+39 070 3496327|